Saltaire is an Incorporated Village on Fire Island in New York located just a few miles across the across the Great South Bay from Bay Shore and about 50 miles east of New York City. There are approximately 400 houses in the Village of Saltaire, most of which are seasonal homes.
The Saltaire Citizens’ Advisory Association (The SCAA) is the community association of the Village of Saltaire. The SCAA membership includes Saltaire homeowners and others who support the mission of the organization.
The mission of the SCAA is to enrich the life and to improve the welfare of the Saltaire community by:
- sponsoring cultural, recreational and educational activities for residents of all ages;
- funding endeavors that benefit the community; and
- fostering resident awareness of and participation in civic affairs.
SCAA sponsored Events for 2016 Include:
- The Saltaire House and Garden Tour
- A Jogathon
- A Day Long Saltaire Festival including a street fair, music, children’s games and a watermelon party, a community wide picnic on the bay front and FIREWORKS!
- A Sandcastle Contest
- A Halloween Party
If you are not as yet an SCAA member, please contact us via email here.